1.How to recreate Tanjiro’s iconic outfit, including his haori, green-checkered kimono, and trademark earrings
Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating a Tanjiro cosplay outfit:
- Start with the green-checkered kimono: Tanjiro’s kimono is made up of a green and black checkered pattern, which is fairly easy to find at most fabric stores. If you can’t find the exact pattern, you can also use a green or black fabric and paint the checkered pattern on using fabric paint. Once you have the fabric, cut it into the shape of a traditional kimono and sew it together according to your measurements.
- Add the white undergarment: Underneath the kimono, Tanjiro wears a white undergarment that has long sleeves and falls to mid-thigh. You can use a simple white t-shirt or blouse as a base and add long white sleeves that are attached with elastic or sewn onto the shirt.
- Create the haori: The haori is a short, open jacket that Tanjiro wears over his kimono. It’s black with a white lining and has a red sunburst on the back. You can use a black fabric to create the haori, then add a white lining made from a white fabric or by painting the white lining pattern onto the black fabric. For the red sunburst, you can either paint it on using fabric paint or use iron-on transfer paper to transfer the design onto the fabric.
- Make the waist wrap: Tanjiro’s waist wrap is a strip of green fabric that he ties around his waist to keep his kimono in place. You can use a green fabric that matches the kimono to create the waist wrap. Cut the fabric into a long strip, then sew the ends together to create a loop. You can then wrap the loop around your waist and tie it in the back.
- Add the accessories: To complete the look, you’ll need to add Tanjiro’s signature earrings, which are small red and green circles with a black dot in the middle. You can make these by painting small wooden or plastic circles with the appropriate colors, then adding the black dot with paint or a marker.
Here are the steps to cosplaying as Nezuko:
- Get the base outfit: Nezuko’s base outfit is a simple pink kimono. You can purchase a pre-made kimono or make one yourself using pink fabric. The kimono should be floor-length with wide sleeves. You can use a sewing pattern to create the kimono, or modify an existing one if you have sewing experience.
- Create the bamboo gag: Nezuko is often seen wearing a bamboo gag in her mouth to prevent her from biting humans. You can create this by using a small piece of bamboo and tying it onto a cloth or ribbon that you can tie around your head. If you can’t find a small piece of bamboo, you can also use a wooden dowel or paint a piece of cardboard to look like bamboo.
- Style your hair: Nezuko has long, dark hair that she wears in a half-up, half-down style with two pink bows. You can style your hair in a similar way by creating a high ponytail at the crown of your head and then separating the ponytail into two sections. Take the top section and create a small loop, securing it with bobby pins. Then, take the bottom section and tie it into a loose knot. You can then add two pink hair bows to complete the look.
- Add the demonized eyes: As a demon, Nezuko has unique markings around her eyes. You can create this look by using face paint or makeup. Start by applying a light pink or beige eyeshadow to your eyelids, then use a dark brown or black eyeliner to create the “crescent moon” shape around your eyes. You can also use red eyeshadow or lipstick to add a touch of red to the markings.
- Add the finishing touches: To complete the Nezuko cosplay, you can add a few finishing touches such as white socks, black sandals, and a demon slayer mark on your forearm. The demon slayer mark can be drawn on with body paint or applied using temporary tattoos.
3. The best way to craft Inosuke’s wild boar mask and fur outfit
Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating Inosuke’s wild boar mask and fur outfit:
- Brown or beige fur fabric
- Tan or brown pleather fabric
- A foam base or Styrofoam head
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Fabric paint (optional)
- Leather cording or twine
- Fake boar tusks (optional)
Wild Boar Mask:
- Measure the circumference of your head and cut a piece of foam or Styrofoam to fit.
- Carve the foam into the shape of a wild boar’s head. Make sure to create a snout, ears, and eye sockets. You can use a reference image of Inosuke’s mask for guidance.
- Cut pieces of the fur fabric to fit the foam base. Glue the pieces onto the foam using hot glue, making sure to cover the entire surface. You can trim the fur as needed to create a more uniform look.
- Cut out the ear shapes from the pleather fabric and glue them onto the fur-covered foam.
- Use fabric paint to add the details such as the pigmented spots and shading around the snout, eyes, and ears.
- Attach the fake boar tusks on each side of the snout using hot glue.
- Cut a length of leather cording or twine and tie it to the sides of the mask to create straps that will hold the mask in place.
- Cut the fur fabric into strips that are about 2-3 inches wide and long enough to wrap around your arms, legs, and torso. You can create a basic design by wrapping the strips around your body and securing them with hot glue, making sure to leave space for your head, hands, and feet.
- Once you have the basic design in place, you can trim the fur to create a more uniform look. You can also add additional details such as brown or tan pleather accents to create a more complex design.
- To create the bracers and greaves, measure the circumference of your wrists and ankles and cut strips of fur fabric to fit. Glue the strips together to create a tube shape, then trim the fur to create a more uniform look.
- To create the chest piece, measure the circumference of your chest and cut a large rectangle of fur fabric to fit. Fold the fabric in half and glue the sides together, leaving openings for your arms and head.
- Once you have all the pieces of the outfit in place, you can add additional details such as straps, buckles, or lacing using the leather cording or twine.
With these steps, you can create an Inosuke cosplay that captures the character’s wild and feral appearance. The fur outfit and wild boar mask will make you stand out at any convention or event.